CHUSBIE552

Thursday 19 July 2018

BAW!! #1 XOR

Hi everyone its the first week of Boards A Week and i am kind of excited to get underway.

The first board I want to make is an Exclusive OR (XOR) gate, and XOR gate is one of the basic logic blocks used in electronic design which normal comes as an IC package containing multiple gates like MC14070B. The truth table below shows how it operates.

Truth Table


Input A Input B Output C
0 0 0
1 0 1
0 1 1
1 1 0

The reasons I wanted to design this board is to help my understanding of how complementary logic works by using discreet components, so using resistors and FETs.




The full design files can be found at http://github.com/rabid-inventor/board-a-week. I have tried to include all the source material used, including the fonts I have used for creating the silk screen.  



I'm really pleased with how this little board looks and can't wait to have it made to see if my idea works. 

I can't wait to do more of these in the passive blocks in the future. 





No comments:

Post a Comment