CHUSBIE552

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Board a week !!!!!

One of the hardest things as a maker is to keep motivated to be able to push your skills forward, and being able to make all the mistakes in the world so that you can learn from them.

So to answer this never ending problem and to improve my PCB design and understanding of electronics is I will design one board a week and share it.



These are the rules I'm setting for myself.
  • For a board to be complete it has to be fully routed (which is where all the traces are liked)
  • The DRC and ERC are complete. ( these are the checking tools in PCB design software which help the PCB designer to check if the design and electrical layouts are sound)
  • Silkscreen labels complete.
  • To try some alternative CAD software instead of Autodesk Eagle which i'm reasonably used to.
  • Publish to GIT hub as Open Source Hardware 
I don't intend on having every design made of in some cases even populated but I'm going to try and choose one design from each month to send to production.

I'll be doing a blog post each week, and trying to explain some of my design decisions and some of the methods I have tried to use.

I hope you enjoy this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment